2012/10/05

Trip to the Philippines! Going to church.

After not having slept for a good couple days, I slept wonderfully through the night. I was excited to go to church today in a real church building!

(By way of note, while I was in Hong Kong, I bought a new phone [Galaxy Nexus]. I have loved playing with the phone, and while the camera on the phone is not the best, it is still quite good. What's more is that any picture I take using my phone automatically uploads and is super easy to post here on Blogger. That being the case, I will mostly just be showing images with commentary. Hope you are OK living without my often sarcastic or snarky remarks, but with my limited time, this is a better way for me to show what I have been doing.)

This is the view I woke up to. Needless to say, it did not take me long to fall in love with Baguio, Philippines.

Arbee and Jazmine decided to go to church with us today!

Panoramic view from my window.

Loida grabbing the first flower she sees upon leaving the house. 

Arbee smiling

I told him to smile big!

It has rained every day I have been here so far.

Loida ready for dinner.

Rain.

This is a note that Jasmine wrote to me. Probably the sweetest note I have ever received from a girl (I suppose technically it was from both Arbee and Jazmine though). It came folded somewhat like a crude paper airplane and this is what it says: "Open - From: Arbee and Jazmine. Directed by Arbee and Jazmine. | We love you so much. Open. Your handsome. Tito Mckey. I love my family and tito Mckey. From: Jazmine and Arbee. | I love you!

Tito means uncle.
Also of note, I am usually saddened when people spell my name McKey (after me telling them how to correctly spell it), but when a 5 and 6 year old boy and girl spell it that way, I think it is quite endearing (and a bit impressive!)

Church was great. It was nice to talk to missionaries and be in a real church building. After church we all went home to eat lunch and relax for the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment