2012/06/04

The Coolest Water Slide Ever!


A water slide with a loop in it. Found in Zhengzhou, China in the middle of nowhere. 


Recently I hopped on my bike and went adventuring! I found some pretty cool things here in China.





The first stop was when we got to a place that looked old and falling apart. I thought it would be fun to check out and we came across these buildings near a wheat field. When I first got there I thought that they were tearing the buildings down (they are doing that everywhere here in Zhengzhou to make room for much taller buildings). When I got there though, it looked like the might have been newly constructed buildings. I still don't know. Sad times when it is difficult to tell the difference between something brand new and something old and falling apart.


Loida bought a bike (the pink one obviously). It is basically a twinner girl version of my bike. I like how good bikes are pretty cheap here.


Loida wanted to see how many aphids she could get on her at one time.


After we checked out the buildings and wheat fields we came across this water park. I was interested in it because it was literally in the middle of nowhere. No apartment buildings nearby, no stores, no nothing. It would be probably about a 45 minute bus ride from the city. I have no idea why they built it where they did. I could not tell if it was an abandoned water park or not. As you can see below the slides, it looks very run down.


The slide has a loop. I NEED to go to this water park.


Turns out that the water park was actually under construction (perhaps why it looked like it was run down).

This dog was there to protect our bikes as we went off exploring. 



After the water park, we found a nearby park park (again, out in the middle of nowhere). We got some fruit to refresh and give us some energy after riding bikes for a couple hours. On the side of the road they sell pineapple on a stick. This is half of a small pineapple I got for 2 RMB (about 31 cents USD).



Fruit is very seasonal here. It used to be that every corner you went to, you would see a guy like this selling pineapple. Now every corner has watermelon on a stick. Yay for fruit!



A nice place to relax in the park.

Grass is cool.


I like how a lone leaf was coming out of the trunk of the tree.

Stray puppy.

Another stray puppy.

This is the wall to the park. 

Time for some more adventuring!

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh mckay, that green slide goes UP. haha! crazy. but i'd probably do it, as structurally unsound as that looks. as i remember from china, from my 11-year-old perspective, everything cool in china was out in the middle of nowhere. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you were in China when you were 11. Where did you go? It is true though. Anything that is worth seeing is in some random or bizarre place.

    ReplyDelete