2012/02/11

Traveling in China - Days 4 and 5 - Rainy Days

At this point we decided that the hotel was cheap enough that we would make it our semi-permanent home. It was easier having a place where we could put all our stuff and not have to worry about taking over someone else's home. 

Day 4 of the trip I decided to get up again before everyone else to find a real breakfast this time. No good.  I went to the main part of the city and there was nothing. I did buy some fruit (some guava. Super good. Hadn't had that since I lived in Taiwan). On the way back to the hotel, I went to the supermarket and bought some candy. Yep. Totally splurged the whole trip and spent about ¥40 -  ¥50| $6.50 - $9 on food every day of the trip. Some days I even spent more (actually... I probably didn't, I just want to feel like I splurged a bit though). 

When I got back to the hotel, everyone was still sleeping. Yep. Lazy day. The rest of the day was spent watching TV shows or movies on our computers and playing Settler's of Catan. It was nice to watch "Rudy". Hadn't seen that one in a while. 

The next day was more of the same. It was a rainy day (come to think of it... nearly every day of the trip was rainy but this day was a bit more so than others). We did more with planning for what else we would do on our trip. Got junk food at the supermarket and watched more TV and played more games. It was nice to relax and be lazy (though technically, I think by virtue vacations are supposed to be somewhat relaxing and lazy). 

Loida taking advantage of a rainy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment