2011/11/17

A Engrish Park in China

I went to the park the other day and saw a lot of cool things! I enjoy reading all the great Engrish they have here.

I think this is called Men Qiu. Door ball. Something like that. They have these set up everywhere in China, but I think they have an age limit of 65 and older.






This has nothing to do with the park, but I thought it was pretty cool to see an entire chicken cooked like this. It was actually pretty good. 

Started out by meeting up with friends. I was there with my friend Lindy and her cute niece (this is the niece in case you were wondering)

I think the last sign in supposed to say the "Emergency Whatever Supply." They got it pretty close. 

Flowers are pedestrians. I am not sure what smilings are.

It makes me happy to see people actually doing something for fun. 




This man came up to me and asked me if I was from England. I said I was from America. Then he told me he was 99 years old. I think I get more attention here from old people than I do from little kids.

Apparently because there are so many people in China, they really don't want you walking on the grass. Not totally sure why they have it in the first place. 

I think they are trying to imply that you will be happier if you walk in circles?

Yay for apples. I think she only took one bite before she was done. 

This one is my favorite. 


2 comments:

  1. I believe that awesome sport that you took pictures of is Gate Ball. It was invented in the late 1940's in Hokkaido. So everywhere you went in my mission you saw old people playing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gate ball eh? Door ball. Gate ball. Pretty close. I love old people sports.

    ReplyDelete